Search Engine Marketing – Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Paid Search can be an effective channel in any online marketer’s arsenal if used correctly. However if abused can turn you into a Google crack head, causing you to rack up thousands of pounds in bills. Leaving you no better, or further along then before you got hooked.
Lots of people think “if we can just turn on the taps a little, pay for some users we’ll be on the home stretch”. People don’t seem to realise that if they aren’t currently converting the traffic, PPC will only exacerbate the issue.
PPC can be ideal for:
- Early validation
- Proposition testing
- Conversion eminent searches
- Testing new audiences and markets
Before you can utilise this channel efficiently, you need be able to answer a few fundamental questions or at least formulate a strategy.
- What are your allowable costs? What are your unit economics?
- How do you define success?
- Can you track or measure success? Are you using event-based or user-centric analytics?
- What other hooks do you have in place other than your CTA?
- Optimisation.. how quickly can you move? Are you capable of rolling out landing pages in minutes and not days?
I can help your team set up an effective account and campaign, or manage it for you if you don’t have the expertise in house.